18 PAX entered the gloom this morning for the weekly appointed run down at Centennial Campus known as Wolf Run. Nothing says summer’s almost over like a parking lot full of student vehicles at NCSU. After a quick run down Main Campus Drive, we hung a left by the parking deck for a little rock work.
Everyone grabbed a rock for:
Curls x 25
Tricep extensions x 25
Overhead press x 25
Throw the rock down and pick up the pace…
Jog down by the Wildlife Resources Commission building for some time on the wall (or a park bench since we had such a solid group).
Left right step ups x 20
Dips x 20
Continue running down the greenway and zip down the stairs to Lake Raleigh.
Upon arrival at Lake Raleigh and seeing the imposing hill before us, QIC informed the PAX that prior to the construction of Centennial Campus, Orwell and friends used to ride four-wheelers around said undeveloped campus, taking full advantage of the hills around Lake Raleigh. Inspired by Orwell and knowing there are no hills in his native Columbus County, we did a quick count off for alternating groups of Jacob’s Ladder up the hill. We started with three burpees at the top of the hill and 1 merkin at the bottom, working 3/1, 2/2, 1/3 with squat, high plank hold, and squat hold while waiting to rotate.
We continued the run along the greenway and hung a left to head back toward the Hunt Library. Lunge walk along sidewalk, sprint, and repeat once more for good measure.
Ran to the Hunt Library and paused for an explanation of what the PAX encounters when the QIC asks his elementary school aged daughters what exercises they would suggest for an F3 workout. Their suggestion…bottom kickers. And because they are in second grade and kindergarten, they immediately died laughing upon uttering the word “bottom”, referenced Silas Ramsbottom from Despicable Me 2, and performed a pretty convincing minion imitation. So the PAX did bottom kickers up the steps beside the Hunt Library, now dubbed Silas Ramsbottom kickers. If you or your minions need a laugh, reference the YouTube clip.
Jogged up the oval and gathered for an abbreviated Mary since we were running short on time.
LBCs x 20
Freddie Mercury x 20
Jog back to the cars
- Great work by the PAX and a great start to the Labor Day weekend.
- Labor Day Convergence on Monday, 9/2 from 7:00 – 8:00 AM at Jaycee Park – TARP is the QIC – NO North Hills Workout at 5:45 AM
- Prayers of comfort and peace for family and friends of Charles Hunt, attorney in Raleigh who passed away this past Wednesday
- T-Claps to Bulls Eye who made the Daniels Middle School football team this week.
- T-Claps to Lamp who noticed the QIC and a few others were gathered at the OLD parking location for Wolf Run.
- Please message me if I left anyone out of the PAX listing – was thumb typing names on the way back to the car.