The BRR is 3.14 months away, this is as good of a time as any to start training. Here in Raleigh, we have little hills which have at most 300 ft of elevation change. Yeah, that doesn’t do well to train effectively for the BRR. Enter the Hill Training Volume I. Last year a bunch of PAX made their way to legs 31 ad 33 to climb the real mountain goat legs. That is easy to do if you live in Charlotte, not as easy to do if you live in Raleigh.
This coming Saturday (yes short notice), we will be meeting at the base of Hanging Rock state park and running up to the top. This is roughly a 6.5 mile (out and back) with >1000 ft of elevation gain:
Take a moment to reread. If you are fast enough go for a second lap (even a partial one).
* 05:50 – meet at parking lot off I-40: http://goo.gl/TLNS36 (raleigh specific)
* 06:00 – depart on time and drive towards hanging rock (raleigh specific)
* 07:50 – arrive at YMCA in Danbury (1070 Hospice Dr, Danbury, NC 27016)
* 08:00 – start running
* 09:20 – stop running
* 09:30 – depart
* sometime – stop for gas/bathroom/food for 10 minutes
* 11:40 – arrive back at parking lot
* home by noon!
Bring some clothes to change into, towels, water, and a snack. Also some spare change for gas money if you are carpooling!
We would love to see some non Raleigh/Durham runners there as well. I know many folks will be running the BRR- this should kick off your training.