It was a great day in the gloom this morning! YHC was back at his home turf, the sun was starting to rise, had a decent preplanned workout lined up, my boy Don Ho was making an appearance, and even #s let us do partnerkins! Hopefully your Tuesday was similar!
I think Don Ho’s middle name is EC so he made me come out at 0515 for a couple miles. During our trek we passed a car asking if the workout was “that way”. We said yes and we’d be right there (a mile later we were.). I wanted to show DH the park…so we jumped two fences up at the baseball complex, Franklin Q style.
After EC we met up with that car’s driver. It was Landline from Charlotte! In CNC they get after it at 0530 so at this point it was a little awkward for me with repping the home turf but being outnumbered in PAX count… Carpex 1 / Isotope 2.
Here’s my squad. Right on Carpex time ~ 0538 we started rollin’ deep with PAX. Airbag came in on two wheels and was about 8 mins early. (He also left on 2 wheels so I don’t think time was the issue.)
Carpex 16 / Isotope 2, nice. Let’s do this!
- Run the parking lot
- Quick feet
- Sir Fazio
Choose Your Own Adventure…
A) “Stationary Rock”
B) “Traveling Rock”
- Team A, leave your rock and run a lap around the big loop.
– 10 Full Body Rocks
– 20 Overhead Rock Squats
- Team B, travel with your rock and run a lap around the big loop.
– Baseball 1, ALRSU w/ rock should press X 20
– Baseball 2, Overhead rock claps X 10
The Hill – Run 7’s on the hill with a top and bottom exercise
- Team A
– Derkins at the top
– Out and Up rock press at the bottom
- Team B (sprint with rocks)
– Rock merkin at the top
– Rock Hillbilly at the bottom
- Team A
– Duck walk / Bear Crawl / Sprint back
– Jump squat with rock press straight out AMRAP
– Indian Run the full field
– Quick feet with rock above head
- Team B
– Quick feet with alternating shoulder presses AMRAP
– Duck ROCK / Bear Crawl / Spring Back (Well done Hermes)
– Rock punches
– Indian Run with two rocks being passed up and down the line
Return the Rocks and head the basketball court!
- Partner 1 – Suicide
- Partner 2 – 20 merkins / LMJJ AMRAP
- (Flapjack)…great battle of Team DZ here to finish strong on the suicides!
- I was tired so call your own dang mary….
– Banjo called Obliques
– Goose called #SignatureMove
– Don Ho called Flutterkicks X too many.
- CD and Family
- Banjo and Family
- Calli and Family
Just a quick mention of what was weighing on my heart this AM. The lyrics to Lauren Daigle’s song, “First” starts with “Before I lift my cares, I will lift my arms” – Basically saying when I come to pray I won’t lead with my wants and requests I will lead with my praise and give thanks. It just stuck with me so I wanted to share and see if we could lift up some praises during our COT and possibly during future COTs. We definitely had a few praiseworthy announcements come up and I hope they will continue!
YHC took us out, leading with praise to the Almighty 😉