24 Pax posted in the iceplex formerly known as the CMS lower parking lot to enjoy a Nard Dogg led beatdown with YHC riding his coattails. The co-Q’s arrived early to assess the conditions. Upon finding a large portion of the AO littered with potentially hazardous black ice, we opted to do what any good F3’er would do under similar circumstances – make absolutely no adjustments to the Weinke and press on as planned, so off we went.
The Thang – Nard Dogg Q:
- Warmup: SSH’s, IW’s, Good Mornings, Prisoner Squats
- Reverse Jack Webbs (aka the Howard Deans – more on that later): 10 merkins, 1 shoulder press; 9 merkins, 2 shoulder press . . . 1 merkin, 10 shoulder press
- Mosey down to track for the Barrows: Split into 2 groups – one on each side of track – and partner up. Each side of track has six cones approx. 20 yards apart. Partner 1 wheelbarrows to first cone, both partners do 5 burpees. Partner 2 wheelbarrows to second cone, both partners do 10 star jumps. Rinse and repeat through remaining cones, run to other side of track, and rinse and repeat through other six cones.
- Bunny Hop – Bear Crawl – Rock Run: Stay with partner and grab a rock for the team. Partner 1 bunny hops up stairs, runs to top of ramp and bear crawls down ramp while Partner 2 runs a lap around the track with the team rock. Flapjack.
The Thang – Fazio Q:
- Leave rocks behind and run back to lower lot – squat hold while Pax gathers
- Mosey over to First Citizens lot for modified Ring of Fire: two pax call exercise for rest of Pax to do while they sprint/slide/skate around the parking lot. Next pair goes when previous pair returns. Exercises included burpees, squats, diamond merkins, 12″ leg hold, high plank to chilcutts, freddy mercs, wide arm merkins, alternating lunges, knee ups, Hindu merkins, CDD’s, (missing one)
- When last pair finishes, plank hold for 5-counts around the circle
- Head back to CMS lot for 3 minutes of Mary: Crimean hammers x 30, LBC’s x 25, Scissors x 25
- Welcome to FNG Kneepatch (Friar Tuck’s bro-in-law) and Postman from Charlotte. Great to have you both join us in the gloom.
- As we near the end of the Reverse Jack Webbs, Nard Dogg opts to switch to an enthusiastic yet pre-pubescent Peter Brady like screech to finish the count, which immediately led the Pax to redub the exercise the “Howard Deans”.
- Tclaps to the Pax for avoiding the face plant on the black ice wheelbarrows. No need to test the enforceability of the disclaimer.
- TST on Thursday 3/13, noon, Larry David’s office (4600 Marriott Drive)
- HH at Raleigh Brewing Co. on Thursday 3/13, 6 pm til
- F3 Dads on Saturday 3/22, 9:30, Fletcher Park – HC here: http://f3nation.com/2014/03/07/pre-blast-f3-dads-in-raleigh/
- 3rd F Event on Tuesday 3/25, 6:30 – 9, Tyler’s Taproom. Preblast for HC’s coming soon.
- GoRuck Challenge – don’t think, just do. Training starts this week. See Yo-Yo, Utah or Fungo. #NoRegrets
- Prayers to many Pax coping with recent losses and family illnesses, and continued prayers for Dufresne and family.
- In the spirit of the partner-focused workout, YHC shared a reading of Ecclesiastes 4: 9 – 12. “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to the one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help. Again if two lie beside each other, they will keep warm; but how can one keep warm alone? And though one might prevail against another, two will withstand the one. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.” As men, especially in this culture, we must resist the siren song of relying solely on self and going it alone. We are here to share each other’s burdens, and as the last verse subtly reminds us, the Lord is there with us as the third strand to carry us through it all.
- Gnobby (still with a G) took us out.