Two of Raleigh’s elite were designated to guide the official launch of F3 Jackson back on 6/18 but were denied by thunderstorms and cancelled flights. Two more representing the best of what the City of Oaks has to offer did make their way down a couple of weeks ago to get things started, and by all reports it was a fine beginning led by the very capable Q’s. In what generously can be described as a “curious” selection, they sent Epoxy and me to close out the launch. Maybe the Nation wanted to see if the Jackson boys could handle their first #GoatRodeo. The answer was a resounding yes. Here’s what went down:
The Thang (Epoxy half):
Warm-up in main parking lot: SSH’s, Good Mornings, Merkins, Mountain Climbers, Merkins part deux
Break into four groups of 5-6 pax each for station work. Each group cycled through two rounds of the following stations:
- station 1: agility ladders and cones (two times through per round). Dealer’s choice on how to get through each ladder and set of cones as long as you mix it up, except Round 2 included a mandatory merkin walk down the first ladder.
- station 2: Round 1 – merkins x 10, LBC’s x 10. Repeat until time is called. Round 2 – dealer’s choice of exercises. Do sets of 10 until time is called.
- station 3: continuous 20-yard shuttle run between cones until time is called. Dealer’s choice on forward, backward, karaoke, high knees, etc. as long as you mix it up.
- station 4: Round 1 – squats x 10, alternating lunges x 10. Repeat until time is called. Round 2 – dealer’s choice of exercises. Do sets of 10 until time is called.
The Thang (Fazio half):
Mosey to the open field near the park entrance for The Beast:
- Pax runs an out-and-back circuit with 6 six stops along way and performs 6 reps of a designated exercise at each stop. Complete a total of 6 circuits. Exercises included diamond merkins, prisoner squats, LBC’s, wide-grip merkins, air squats and alternating lunges. Plank and squat hold sets between circuits until all pax have finished.
Return to the starting point for 6 Minutes of Mary:
- Heels to Heaven x 15
- American Hammers x 15
- 6-inch leg hold for 5 counts around the horn
Naked Man Moleskin:
- A privilege to be with this group of men as they begin this journey. Ready, willing and more than able. Thanks again for the warm welcome and hospitality.
- No injuries, fatalities or international incidents caused by the Q’s. We’ll call that a win.
- As noted in Nessman’s Day 1 backblast, Freedom Park in Ridgeland, Mississippi is home to what may be the finest public playing fields in the country. Wendell, take note if and when you make it down there. They also go to great lengths to protect against the removal of their rocks. #CementBlanket
- T-claps to Scam, Tater Tot and I’m sure many others for prepping the soil and planting the seeds for this growth. Time for you all to reap the harvest and #GiveItAway. Keep it going by putting the headlock on your neighbors, co-workers and others you encounter who are in need of genuine male friendship and accountability.
As always, an honor and a privilege. Aye!