What a glorious, glorious day. Start of Masters week. Opening day for major league baseball. NCAA championship game (#GoBadgers). So many great sporting events from which to select potential workout themes. So many that YHC chose none of them – we just did some stuff instead.
Warm-up circle: plank jacks, Peter Parkers, Good Mornings, IW’s, 10 burpees
Take off for scenic stroll around the park with stops along the way for 10 burpees, 5 double-merkin burpees and 5 triple-merkin burpees
Head to bottom of hill near basketball court for Bear-Gazelle-Bear: bear crawl up hill, do exercise at top of hill, sprint to far end of field, do exercise, sprint back to top of hill, do exercise, bear crawl down to starting point, plank set while Pax finishes. 6 rounds total.
- round 1: standard merkins x 10 at each stop
- round 2: prisoner squats x 10 at each stop
- round 3: diamond merkins x 10 at each stop
- round 4: deep squats x 10 at each stop
- round 5: wide-grip merkins x 10 at each stop
- round 6 (modified version): bear crawl up hill, sprint to far end of field, 10 burpees, sprint back to top of hill, bear crawl down.
Mosey over for picnic shelter for some High-Low pyramids:
- 10 derkins, 10 sumo squats
- 15 derkins, 15 sumo squats
- 20 derkins, 20 sumo squats
- 10 derkins, 10 sumo squats
Run back to tennis courts for some non-tennis activities (duly noted by Wendell Gee as a clear violation of park rules – will self-report later today. Hoping for no scholarship reductions, though Chong may have to forfeit his lone #NimblePanda victory):
- Bear-Gorilla-Bear across all 3 courts followed by plank set
- Bear-Gorilla-Bear back across all 3 courts followed by People’s Chair
- standard 3-court suicides followed by plank set
- start in low plank hold, then sprint across all 3 courts and back followed by People’s Chair
- Bear-Gorilla-Bear across 3 courts, diamond merkins x 15, sprint back to start
3 MOM: LBC’s x 30, protractor, 6-inch leg hold for 5 counts around the horn.
COT: MacGruber took us out with a most proper send-off
Thoughts/Quotes of the Day:
“The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for. We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love. There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love. The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty — it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality. There’s a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God.” – Mother Teresa
“And let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:25
- Great to see Gypsy Danger, Yoda, Drum Circle, Orwell and other new faces at Eastgate, and incredible to see a new workout trending towards #Problematic already. T-claps to the site Q’s for building strong support in a hurry. By the way, they need more Q’s, so sign up.
- Happy 35th Birthday to Fava Bean! Glad you chose to kick it off with us in the gloom.
- As usual, lots of Larry Birding out there today. Too many donned the #Smokeboots to list by name, but you know who you are. Plenty of guys nipping at their heels, too. Keep pushing and being pushed – makes us all better.
- Thought about working in some 39’s in honor of our Cats fans: 38 chest thumps followed by 1 curl-up-and-weep, but figured it might be too soon.
- 4/6 – The Forum rolls again today with continuing discussion of the Gospel of John. Noon at Panera at intersection of Six Forks and Strickland. Friar Tuck and Grady at the helm.
- 4/7 – Blue Ridge Relay info session at Yard House. 7:30 pm until.
- 4/11 – F3 Mud Run
- 4/18 – Convergence at Chavis Park 7:00 am followed by Flag Football benefitting Neighbor 2 Neighbor at 9:30 am. NO PULLEN, CATALYST, or WHIPLASH.
- 4/21 – Informational meeting for 10/17/15 F3 Triangle GORUCK Custom Challenge at Player’s Retreat from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- 4/25 – F3 Dads at Fletcher 9:15 am meet up, 9:30 am workout. Boys and girls are welcome.
- 9/19 – Spartan Sprint at Fort Bragg
- 10/17 – F3 Triangle GORUCK Custom Challenge
As always, an honor and a pleasure. Thankful for you all. Aye.