PAX of 8 rolled into Thomas Brooks Park on slightly chilly Spring Break week morning to help celebrate YHC’s birthday. The one-line pre-blast in the sign-up sheet stated simply, yet ominously, “The 1st day of my 50th year will suck for all in attendance.” This generated some confusion the night prior on Twitter, claiming that this would be my first #respect Q. Not quite… still one more year of “meh” left for me.
- Jog through the parking lot and circle up on the baseball
- 25 Side-straddle Hops, IC
- 15 Imperial Walkers, IC
- 15 Good Mornings, IC
- 25 Mountain Climbers, IC
Starting at the light pole just outside the parking lot, start running toward the USA Baseball lot, stopping at every other light pole for 7 burpees. So 7 stops * 7 burpees/stop = 49 burpees. This got a well-deserved “I see what you did there.” Clever, I know.
From the USA Baseball parking lot:
- Start at one end of lot and run to the other, stopping at each island for diamond merkins in increasing increments of 5. Do 25 at the far end and then switch to wide-grip merkins on the return, counting back down to 5.
- Repeato, this time doing double-count jumping lunges
- Repeato one more time, this time doing LBCs
Break up into 2 groups of 4 for an Indian Run back to the starting light pole, where, by coincidence, there happens to be a great selection of rocks that travel well. From there:
- Grab your choice of travelling rock and carry it (run, walk, crawl, whatever) up the hill to the entrance off of Green Level Road. 5 rock burpees. Carry the rock back down for 10 double-count American Hammers, with the rock of course.
No time for Mary, but, we got some in during the meat of the workout.
Announcements: Have you heard about the 2nd F at Ma Bell’s on April 16th? Details forthcoming, or so we are told.
Prayers for Beaker’s brothers, who are both dealing with marriage issues, and for everyone involved.
We were reminded of being mindful of our own marriages and relationships, as well as being conscious of the impact we have on those around us.
Thanks to Callahan for taking us out, strong as usual.
Here is what the workout looks like on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/530609234
Once again, an honor to lead.