14 faithful elves planted the VSF and headed out in the early Christmas Eve morning mist for Raleigh’s version of the 12 Days of Christmas:
- 12 Drummers Drumming: form drumline – high knees and karaoke across parking lot x 3
- 11 Pipers Piping: Ab work to help hit the high notes – LBC’s x 11, Rosalitas x 11, Dollies x 11, Hammers x 11
- 10 Lords-A-Leaping: partner up for leap frog burpees x 10
- 9 Ladies Dancing: alternating jumping lunges with jazz hands (PAX favorite) x 18 (9 each leg)
- 8 Maids-A-Milking: squat hold on the virtual milking stool for circle 8-count
- 7 Swans-A-Swimming: swan dive (aka dive bomber) merkin pyramid up to 7
- 6 Geese-A-Laying: duck walk across parking lot and back
- 5 Golden Rings: jog to circle lot. Partner 1 sprints one lap while partner 2 planks, then flapjack x 5
- 4 Calling Birds: call-out to Ron Burgandy for exercise. RB curiously selects tennis court suicides. PAX quickly turns on RB – only the spirit of Christmas saves him from complete mutiny.
- 3 French Hens: egg-layer squats x 36
- 2 Turtle Doves: Partner 1 assumes turtle shell position so partner 2 can perform decline merkins. 2 sets of 12 reps each.
- 1 Partridge in a Pear Tree: PAX “pears” up for partner carry for 1 lap each around circle lot
Holiday spirit was alive and well at North Hills this morning. Great way to kick off one of the best days of the year.
Tclaps to Grease Monkey for making the journey to Midtown and bringing FNG’s Darkroom, Lotus and Lucky Charms in tow. 3 very wise men indeed to make the commitment to show up today for their first workout.
Tclaps to Gandalf for Rudolphing on the golden rings. Always to good to have him post with us, and the man was definitely guiding the sleigh around the lot.
A personal note of thanks to all of F3 nation, especially the Raleigh PAX that I’ve come to know and love over the past 9 months. It’s been a great ride thus far, and I’m looking forward to continuing the journey with you.
Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all people; for today in the City of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Merry Christmas everyone.