With the crazy thunderstorm weather, we had a great showing with 20 Pax. T-claps to the several Pax who posted 5-packs. After some discussion about the weather and who was and was not going to show, we were off to the sheltered pavilion to get our thang on!
We did a quick Clown Parade up and down the picnic tables to get things started. Next up were Side Straddle Hops (20 IC), Imperial Walkers (10 IC), Hillbillies (10 IC), and Sir Fazio Arm Circles (10 IC Forwards / 10 IC Backwards)
I really didn’t have a lot of focus on cooking up something extremely different yet delicious with being restricted to the shelter. So I decided to recycle (hence, the re-cinco de mayo) Lazy Doras that I did for the first and only time two months ago, but I modified it by adding an additional exercise.
Lazy Dora (partner up) – cumulative exercises as a duo
- 50 Squat Thrusts by 5 (P1 does 5 squat thrusts while P2 hops on tip toes. Switch.)
- 100 Merkins by 10 (P1 does 10 merkins while P2 planks. Switch.)
- 200 LBCs by 20 (P1 does 20 LBCs while P2 does a 6” leg hold. Switch.)
- 300 Squats by 25 (P1 does 25 squats while P2 does a squat hold. Switch)
Definitely some grunting during the modified Lazy Doras. We stayed in our pairs for the next exercises.
P1 does 20 Dips while P2 does Jack Webs. Rinse and repeat for 3 rounds.
P1 does Step Ups (12 each leg) while P2 does WW2s. Rinse and repeat for 3 rounds.
The rain finally let up, so we went on an Indian Run around the soccer field loop ending at the tennis courts for the Death Crawl. Once we got to the tennis courts, the Pax lined up on one side.
Death Crawl – 3 merkins, bear crawl width of one tennis court, 3 burpees, bear crawl width of 2nd tennis court, 3 squats, 3 merkins, crawl bear back to the middle of the two courts, 3 burpees, crawl bear back to start, 3 squats.
We moseyed on back to the sheltered pavilion to wrap it up.
- U-turn at 6am
- Tardy leaving on Sunday May 8 to Alabama (permanent move) #sadFace
- F3 South Wake shirt order
- Tardy’s move and job change
- Draper’s neighbor with a pulmonary issue
- Never Nervous’s wife’s surgery
- Lip Sync’s friend’s son’s surgery
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
I spoke about being men of action with respect to this verse.
I took us out in prayer.
As usual, it was a pleasure. Thank you for allowing me to lead you / us this morning.