This week at Hi-Fidelity
Runners of all abilities and paces are encouraged to join us for some track work. We have variety in the pace, so join us for the fun. Plenty of recovery time and encouragement abounds.
Hi-Fidelity is 5:45a on Wednesday @ Martin Middle School on Ridge Road. Please park in the Visitor lot off of Horton St. Same entrance as the track, but turn right immediately into the Visitor lot. The maintenance guys have been showing up as we are leaving, so I want them to have full access to the Service lot.
Track Repeats – jog the same distance as a group to recover after each run
- 2x200m, 2x400m, 1x800m, 2x400m, 2x200m
- Each set is at R pace – see http://www.runbayou.com/jackd.
htm – based upon your latest our recent best race performance.
- My 21:18 in a 5k in December translates to a 6:16/mile pace for these sets.
- 46 sec for the 200,
- 94 sec for the 400 and
- 3:08 for the 800.
- The goal for Repeat-training (R) is to improve running efficiency and test the anaerobic system at “faster than race pace”. The early sets might feel easier, but you want to be able to finish the last set at the target pace with strong form. The key to these running workouts is to push yourself, but we need to be cautious for injuries. If you work too hard, too soon, or for too long, you risk injury. So, let’s play it safe.
- Be realistic on your expectations for pace and time. Use your current fitness level, not a target race time.