10 fine PAX ventured out into the gloom this AM for a tad bit warmer version of Dawn Patrol. Considering last week’s 12 degree temps, today’s 34 degrees felt like a heat wave. Threats of icy roads did not surface and with Costco enjoying the Hollywood scene in LA, no reports of fire were had either. At 545am, we got right to it. No FNG’s, Shovel Flag planted, here’s what went down.
Warm-up: SSH x25, Imperial Walkers x25, Good AM x20, Mountain Climbers x25, Carolina Dry Docks x10 – I hated calling this one after State’s loss last nights, Fazio Arm Circles 10 forward / 10 reverse, the Dan Jansen (10 right leg, 10 left leg). Indian Run around parking lot ending with a 70-80 yard lunge walk.
Around the World: meander to the basketball court and have PAX spread out behind the 3 point line. PAX would take 5 three point jump shots and then rotate to their left and do the same thing. We repeated this until all PAX had rotated around the 3 point line. #FeelTheBurn
Recover on the Jog to the rock pile behind the Laurel Hills Center. Grab a friend and circle up with your rocks. After observing the various sizes chosen, YHC calls for PAX to pass their rocks to the left.
- Rock Squat Curl x 15 (pass rock to the left)
- Rock Alternating Lunge Press x15 (pass rock to the left)
- Tricep Extensions x 15
- Drop your rock and find a spot on the wall
- Peoples Chair, lower yourself after 10 seconds, ending with a 10 count after 1 minute
- Balls to the Wall (it got pretty quiet on this one), ending with a 10 count after some time limit
- Grab your original rock
- Rock Press x10
- Bent Over Row x10
- Tricep Extensions x 10
- Peoples Chair
- Balls to the Wall (put right hand behind your back, then switch and put the left hand behind your back) #CrowdPleaser
- Put rocks away
- Recover on the Jog to the Picnic Shelter
Interval Training (find a table) – the following exercises were done with very little rest between them.
- Irkins x 10
- Jump Ups x 10 OYO
- Dirkins x10
- Dips x10
- Irkins x10
- Jump Ups x10 OYO
- Alternating Left Right Step Ups x10
- Dirkins x10
- Dips x10 (5 with left leg up, 5 with right leg up)
Recover on the jog to the Basketball Court. Same as before, take a position behind the 3 point line for the Burpee Buster (5 Burpee Types, 6 reps each)
- Standard Burpees x 6
- Jump Knee Tuck Burpees x 6
- Prison Cell Merkin Burpees x 6
- 3 Point Burpees x 6 (standard burpee but when coming up, take a 3 point jumper)
- Ski Ab Burpees x 6
Mary: LBCs, Freddy Mercurys, 6 inch leg hold (5 count around the COP)
COT / Nameorama / Announcements
- The Healing Place – Friday at 230pm – signup on the F3Raleigh website
- Krispy Kreme Challenge – Epoxy posted a pre-blast – charity event and fun event overall
YHC shared some thoughts on 1 Timothy 4:8 (NIV) – For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
I’ve been reminded about how this verse is all about being disciplined, not just in our physical training, but in our godliness. We must spend time in God’s Word, in Prayer, in Fellowship and in Witnessing with our lives. Men, I’m always encouraged when I come out to POST. Each AO has many memories of good times, deep times as guys opened up their hearts and shared needs and prayers. It was an extreme honor and pleasure to lead you this morning.
Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV) – 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Prayers lifted up by Countrywide who closed us out