An eager PAX of 14 gathered for another round of sweatin’ to “whatever Gnard Dogg comes up with” on a glorious post-Easter Monday morning. Having never met a genre I didn’t like (save God-awful Beach Music), YHC decided to return to his twangy roots and throw a little southern-fried rock on the griddle. Here’s what went down:
Hard To Handle – The Black Crowes
Johnny B. Goode – The Derailers
- SSH X 25
- Imperial Walker X 20
- Standard Merkin X 15
- Good Morning X 20
- Mountain Climber X 25
Swingin’ – John Anderson
10 burpees, 20 Prisoner Squats, alternate OYO until the song ends
Flirtin’ With Disaster – Molly Hatchet
Run to loop around soccer field (I believe I heard Overdraft mumblechattering that his first concert was the Hatchet with 38 Special. Respect. In other news, Wilson and Orwell just got Bryan Adams tickets.)
At volleyball court:
- Quickfeet X 20
- Derkins X 15
If You Want To Get To Heaven – The Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Run to tennis courts:
The Devil Went Down to Georgia – Charlie Daniels Band
Black Betty – Ram Jam
- Partner 1 B2TW, Partner 2 suicides, Flapjack
- Partner 1 People’s Chair, Partner 2 Bear crawl court 1 / Crab walk court 2, Run back, Flapjack
- Partner 1 Merkins, partner 2, Karaoke down and back, Flapjack
- Repeat, time allowing
Let There Be Rock – Drive-By Truckers
Gimme Three Steps – Lynyrd Skynrd
Proceed to rock pile and acquire a rock
- Curls X 20
- Tricep Extensions X 20
- Row X 20
- Staggered Merkin with Rock X 15, switch arms, X 15
- Rock Squat X 20
Run to Picnic Shelter
I Been To Georgia On A Fast Train – Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen
Alternating Left/Right Step ups X 20
Irkins X 20
Guitar Town – Steve Earle
Take a lap around soccer field
Keep Your Hands To Yourself – The Georgia Satellites
Timebomb – Old 97’s
- LBC’s X 25
- Freddy Mercury X 20
- 10 Burpees OYO
- In honor of Duke, Heels to Heaven X 25
Welcome FNG and Scuppernong’s brother, Muscadine (what else?)
Announcements copied directly from another backblast, thanks Fazio! #Lazy
- Discussion of the Gospel of John. Noon at Panera at intersection of Six Forks and Strickland. Friar Tuck and Grady at the helm.
- 4/7 – Blue Ridge Relay info session at Yard House. 7:30 pm until.
- 4/11 – F3 Mud Run
- 4/18 – Convergence at Chavis Park 7:00 am followed by Flag Football benefitting Neighbor 2 Neighbor at 9:30 am. NO PULLEN, CATALYST, or WHIPLASH.
- 4/21 – Informational meeting for 10/17/15 F3 Triangle GORUCK Custom Challenge at Player’s Retreat from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- 4/25 – F3 Dads at Fletcher 9:15 am meet up, 9:30 am workout. Boys and girls are welcome.
- 9/19 – Spartan Sprint at Fort Bragg
- 10/17 – F3 Triangle GORUCK Custom Challenge
Prayers for the family of Wilson’s friend who recently passed away from cancer.
Prayers for Yukon Cornelius and Rest Stops family who spread the ashes of their daughter/sister over the weekend.
Overdraft took us out.