XXXXX FLASHMESSAGE TELEGRAM TRANSMISSION XXXXXX
0732 10172013 RALEIGH STATION. HEAVY METAL BOYS TAKE FIELD. WON THE DAY.
17 IN ATTENDANCE. SUNDIAL IN EFFECT. TIMELESS. FUNGO IN SNUGGY RESTING FOR OLD NUMBER 2 FULL STOP
Warm Up: SSHs, Windmills, Sir Nigel Fazio, OBE Circles
The Firing Line 2.0: Recent listeners will recall the Firing Line 1.0 consisting of two lines of pax facing each other across a 40 yard field. This time, the line of pax had equipment at its feet at the base of Ben Johnson Hill. 2-man teams. 9 stations: KB Swings, KB DCPs, Argentine President Kircher Squats, Sears Bar Deadlift, 45 lbs plate upright rows, 45 lbs Goblet Squats, 3 stations of Hard Chargers (carry Medicine Ball up hill at full sprint), pure sprints.
Pax 1 does between 5-10 reps with equipment (in case of medcine ball, one charge up the hill; in case of pure sprint both pax sprint hill together); Pax 2 does a low plank hold. Flap Jack.
After a reasonable amount of time, Q calls Rotate–not before entire Pax en masse Dieter Charges (ie backward runs up the hill in as few as steps as possible). We were strong to quite strong on those.
Cool Down: 20 SLDs (left then right); 20 air squats; 20 appollo ohnos; 50 Russian Hammers
- In addition to being classically-dressed consumers of functional lifts, the heavy metal boys are also a bit on the anarchist side–no watches among them. Cinderella has something on his wrist that will translate Sanskrit and can–if pressed–produce a 3-fruit smoothie, but it won’t tell time. Figure.
- Poster Boy has some sort of sweet watch that he was kind enough to share with YHC, the latter’s timex apparently not be able to take a licking. Beyond that we were sundial all the way at Heavy Metal today.
- 7 of 10 Dentists agree that quadriceps and hammies will be barking a bit later today.
- Fun Fact 2.0: Myrtle–Tobacco Farmer; King David–support of stalwart football teams; Horshack–10 years in matrimonial bliss; Mr. Rogers–scrapbooker and speller extraordinaire; Money Hose: don’t confuse with Shackleton; I coulda walked to Cedar Island.
- Great to have the Hoocher back with us. 1 year matrimonial bliss. You’ll be in Horshack country before you know it.
- Flatline has the Q next week. Sign up. Every man’s a leader.