9 Pax posted for the official launch of Hi-Fidelity, a new running-specific workout in Raleigh. The sunrise was beautiful over Martin Middle as we rounded the track with half-mile repeats.
- 2 laps around the track with a sprinkling of butt-kickers, high knees, karaoke to each side, and two 80m strides (accelerations).
- Circle up for windmills x 12, imperial walkers x 12, frankensteins x 12
Enough of this warm-up, let’s get to the workout…
Mixed distance repeats
four as advertised) sets of (200m R with 200m recovery, 200m R with 200m recovery, 800m R with 400m recovery) – ‘R’ pace is for Repeats and is close to one Mile race pace. About 30 sec to a minute faster than 5k pace.
Stretch –quads, hamstrings, calves
- YHC messed up the time blocking this morning, and we ended up cutting back on one set. Still at 3 sets of 2×1/8 and 1×1/2 mile repeats, it was quite the effort.
- A mixture of running paces were well represented on the track. Enthusiasm was universal, even for the early morning.
- Positive vibes for the new Saturday workout at Carroll Middle.
- Looking forward to continuing to build on success, and stay tuned for next week as I build a workout for the Blue Ridge Relay teams. Come join us at Hi-Fidelity for a workout to prep you for the mountains…