If you’ve been to a Carpex AO since March 12 then you’ve heard of “The Bull”.
If you’ve been to a Carpex AO since March 12 then you’ve seen an obscene amount of orange shirts being worn.
If you’ve been to a Carpex AO since March 12 then you have DEFINITELY heard certain unnamed PAX ask, “Who here has done The Bull”?
WELL I HAVEN’T DONE THE BULL!
I trimmed the fat and made a lean mean Carpex bulling machine! So here it goes…
- SSH x 20 IC
- Jog to picnic and do dips AMRAP as YHC explains our first leg of the Bull
First Leg: The Traveling PAX
– Run to bridge, 20 Merkins
– Bear Crawl bridge
– Run to stairs, 20 Urkins
– Run to bottom, 20 Squats
– Repeat all the way back to the shelter and scissor kick until everyone returns
Second Leg: The “Log Carry”
– Divide into two Platoons
– Log Carry (partner carry) your platoon a full lap around the parking lot
– Once your platoon gets back sprint to the basketball courts
– Losing Platoon: 25 Burpees
– Winning Platoon: 10 Burpees
Third Leg: The “He Got Game”
– In the original the Bull platoons played a cute game of golfball collecting so that’s what we did…
– Each platoon on opposite ends of the bball court. On my go PAX would race to the other side and grab a solo cup out of the fence and return it to their side. Everytime you cross mid court you had to do a burpee. This game was 3 mins.
– Break for some flutter kicks. Lots of flutter kicks in the original the Bull
– Now repeat the game but with the bear crawl and bunny hop of the original the Bull… 3 mins again
4th Leg: The “4 Corners”
– This probably was the closest to the original the Bull I got.
– 4 corners w/ Burpee Island in the middle.
– 10 Diamond Merkins, 20 Hand Release Merkins, 30 Wide Grip, 40 REGULAR
– When you cut across Burpee Island in the center of the field you stopped for 10 burpees.
We ended back at the basketball courts for some final things:
– Full court Sprints
– Rounds of Mary, including a new YHC favorite, the M Bug (see NMS for details)
Since this is soooo late to get posted I won’t put announcements and prayers. I don’t really remember them exactly 🙁
- There you have it. The Bullpex. Carpex Bulliem. The DZ Bull.
- Have you done the bull? Yes, yes I have. I have a simillar orange colored shirt to prove it.
- It’s been a crazy two weeks for me with personal stuff and work. Getting this posted is a huge burden lifted off my (good) shoulders.
- I’ll probably clock out after I hit publish.
- I’m writing this from the beach. Probably as you read this I’m drinking a cold one with my toes in the sand.
- It’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
- I like this tactic of reading a backblast and copying it. If you ever don’t know what to do, just find someone elses and do it. If it sucks you just blame them.
- My buddy and I have a contest of most Qs this year. I’m ahead (9-8 right now) so I had to write this so it counts as an official Q
- Shout out to Ollie for letting me steal this Q from him!
- Ollie just laughed when he read I’ve done 9 this year.
- He did 9 last week.
- He’s like our Q version of Chuck Norris
- “Ollie’s carry on when flying is a rucksack.
- “Whence referring to the Bull, Ollie just calls it “Saturday”.
- So I tried to intro a new Mary exercise. YHC’s M likes to present me with new things from her gym class and so I took a leap of faith and intro’d it to the PAX.
- It was severely torn to shreds when I mentioned the M. I’ll be sure to bring it back as it is now known as the “M Bug”.
- I think I named all the PAX right? A week late publishing is a long time to remember…
- When in doubt throw in a PBX. That’s my strategy.