Men of F3 Raleigh,
In consideration of Wake County officials stay-at-home order which has been updated and extended by Governor Cooper and will remain in effect until May 8, we are recommending that F3 Raleigh AOs remain inactive during this time period. This is to do our part to honor the intent of the order – to maintain social distancing to alleviate the impact of the virus on our neighbors.
So I guess that’s it. It’s all over…
What? Over? Did you say ‘over’? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!…
It ain’t over now, ’cause when the goin’ gets tough, the tough get goin’. Who’s with me? Let’s go! Come on!…
Given the constraints, creativity is in order to maintain our mission to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Please consider the following alternatives during this time period:
- Sign up to Q and follow along with the homesteader workouts that can be done from home. Check Twitter, and use hashtag #f3homesteader.
- Get out and run the greenways. It’s allowed.
- 30 for 30 text chains. 30 burpees/day for 30 days in April. Get a group together. When you finish your burpees, text “30” to the group for accountability.
- Call/text/video conference/smoke signal each other. Check in.
- Look around for prospective FNGs. We want to leave this brief break in normalcy with a renewed appreciation for F3, and share it with others that can benefit too. You won’t have to look far. EH someone! Get them ready for the #Springboard in a few weeks.
- Create. Come up with another creative way to workout together. Zoom Workout?
Fear not, fellow PAX. We will be back together in the Gloom soon, but for now let’s make some lemonade out of the social distancing lemons! Who’s with me? Let’s go! Come on!…
— My Boy Blue & Science and Math