The PAX assembled, the VSF was planted, and up the stairs we marched. We had been looking forward to this all week. For several of us, it had been a while since we had laid eyes on Dufresne and we needed the fellowship even more than the workout. Dufresne was fighting a cold, so we adjusted the workout to maximize impact, while not compromising Dufresne’s health.
Leg Presses 1 x 20 (alternating)
Leg Rolls 1 x 20 (alternating)
Leg Lifts 1 x 20 (alternating)
Right to Bare Arms, aka Gun Show, aka Beach Muscles:
Chicken Wings 1 X 10 (alternating)
Animal? Weapons? 1 X 20 (alternating)
Pile Drivers 1 X 20 (alternating)
Milking the Cow: 1 x 15 Really need to rename this one if I can’t get another foam cube (alternating)
Fly Swatters 1 x 20 (alternating) Another one worthy of a new name – Au Pair questions the fly swatting technique at the Robbins house.
Prayers of healing for Dufresne and strength and hope for him and his family. Dufresne was fighting a cold Friday afternoon. We lowered the reps, but not the banter, encouragement, or effort. T Claps to Fazio for praying us out and for sharing the scripture from Romans. There may be no more fitting verse to apply to our brother Dufresne, our brotherhood, and this workout.
Romans 5; 3-5 NIV
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
- T Claps to Chong Li for his post to Hopebuilder. Great to have him alongside and look forward to future posts. Welcome aboard!
- The vibrating La Z Boy remained dormant for this edition, but YHC is sure it may return during Money Hose’s next post.
- T Claps to Chris (nurse) who got as much of a workout as Dufresne helping out with the ventilator. His presence helps us tremendously and keeps us from screwing up too badly.
- Hi-Fidelity is moving to Tuesdays! Beginning 11/12/13, Hi-Fidelity will be launching from Martin Middle School at 5:45am on Tuesdays. This change is to reach more existing PAX that prefer to run on Tuesday, as well as expanding our target market to new and existing PAX. Still unsure, come out and give it a try – all pace groups are welcome and encouraged. Iron sharpens iron, and speed builds speed.
- USMC Spring Mud Run is on the horizon (but you need to SIGN UP NOW) and F3 Raleigh is fielding teams for the first time – this event has come to be known as the ‘Super Bowl of F3’ in Charlotte and should be an awesome time – SIGN UP DEADLINE IS 11/13 – SIGN UP HERE: http://f3nation.com/2013/11/01/spring-14-mud-run-registration-is-open/ – Place is Columbia, SC – Date is 4/12/14
- 3rd F Dinner – Tuesday, November 12 – Fazio has the Q here – 6:00 at Tyler’s Taproom – Seaboard Station – open to all men of F3 – Purpose: to begin an open discussion of the details of 3rd F initiatives within F3 Raleigh – HC Here: http://f3nation.com/2013/11/10/pre-blast-third-f-gathering/