Thanksgiving is nearly upon us. So, the Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K is only two days away. On Thursday, several PAX are planning to gather at SECU ATM near Ridgewood Beer in the Ridgewood Shopping Center at approximately 7:40am before the race starts.
Here are pre-race details: check-in will be held at Ridgewood Shopping center around the corner from Rite Aid (to the right of Fleet Feet). It starts today (Tuesday at 4pm- see details below)
- Tuesday 11/25 4-7 pm: Advanced check-in near Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh (around the corner from Rite Aid in Ridgewood Shopping Center)
- Wednesday 11/26 3-7 pm: Advanced check-in near Fleet Feet Sports Raleigh (around the corner from Rite Aid in Ridgewood Shopping Center)
- Race Day 11/27:
- Check-in opens at 6:45 am. Registration is available only for charity slots and Kids’ Dash on an as-available basis.
- 7:40 – Warm up for 8K (We’ll meet by the SECU ATM in front of Ridgewood Beer & Wine)
- 7:55 – 8K participants line up on Ridge Road by pace. Look for signs for the following paces: Under7:00/mile (for Molasses & Enron) 7:00-9:00/mile (remaining PAX members), 9:00-11:00/mile, 11:00 and baby joggers.
- 8:00 – 8K start (competitive and recreational)
- 9:15 – Kids’ Dash (age 7 and under)
- 9:20 – First Awards Ceremony (overall and age groups under 40)
- 9:35 – Second Awards Ceremony (Masters and age group over 40)
* It will be cold on Thursday morning. 35-32 degrees with some wind. Dress smartly and think about hats and gloves if you desire.
* Keep in mind – we will be standing around for 20+ minutes before and after the race. One suggestion would be having something disposable / sheddable to wear pre-race.
Again – sound off in the Comments if you have questions. We will see you there.
Good luck, and have fun. AYE!